Content

Watercolor Wednesday

4.12.14
We had our first wet-on-wet watercolour painting on Wednesday- aka-Watercolour Wednesday. Due to napping conflicts, painting took place after lunch, instead of the morning, where I felt the energy level of the kids would have been higher. This was the first time I had a formal painting session with kids as young as 1 or under. It was interesting...

 Some tiny details :
We used tiny tea cups
A mason jar filled with water for wetting paper
paint brushes from Ikea
and the caddy is actually for cutlery (but it's great for carrying supplies)
sketching paper - pretty good quality (will might invest in watercolour paper soon)
We don't have painting boards , but I taped the sheets to hard paper. For the little ones, I taped the hard paper to the table, because they were pulling on them lol. Note to self...painting boards would be handy...

Instead of using sponges - cause it was wet-on-wet watercolouring, I simply dipped the paint brush and wet the paper.
Another note...working with little ones means that you kind of have to do one at a time.
For instance, while your back is turned, things can get tricky, so it's best to work with each child individually, and gently guide their little hands. Of course, the boy and I have done a lot painting, so I left him to his devices.
 To celebrate the magical colours of Autumn, we began painting with the colour yellow. Next week we will paint with orange, and then finish off with red at the end of December. Starting in January, I hope to focus on one colour per month... fully appreciating the colour, telling stories about it, and sharing an appreciation for all the colours around us.

I thought this verse was fitting for the colour yellow...
Drops of water
Rays of light
Paint a rainbow shining bright
Dip into the pots of gold
Wondrous colours to unfold

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.