Content

Baking day treats & etcetera...

23.1.15
Baking day is probably our favourite day. Starting off the new year I knew that I wanted to find or create a way for the children to get excited about baking, and to have something special to take their treats home in...

I really wanted to sew these (look below), but a part of becoming wiser is the fact that I understand now more than ever that efficiency is common sense really. The first issue is that the silly me that I was 4 years ago when I moved, left my sewing machine behind. So instead of sewing the bags by hand, I bought them at the Dollarama.
All I did was cut out the first letter of each child's name and stitched it onto the bag...don't judge my work, I did it while nursing :)

This week Iman was in the kitchen with the kids again...they baked chocolate chip muffins. If you look closely you will see that a few of the muffins are green and blue. They boys would have it no other way. So each week, our little ones can bring home their home-made goodies in their own little sacs. It feels communal in a way...

2 comments:

Marie Kl├ęber at: January 26, 2015 at 12:32 PM said...

That's brilliant idea! I am sure they are enjoying themselves a lot. THinking of starting cooking with Mister Pop...

Salma Saquaf at: February 15, 2015 at 10:08 PM said...

That's a great idea...kids love being in the kitchen. Mr Pop will love it!

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.