Content

Our first drumming circle of the year

9.1.15
Drumming takes place once a week in place of our circle time. We do Call & Response, because it's fun, silly and a learning experience for all. If you read our circle time post,  you'll see that we have a little system. For drumming, it's not really different.
1. I gather materials
2. put down 4 mats and place an instrument on each one - first come first served
3. I sit down and start playing my instrument
4. as the kids gather I start the call...they respond
(ie, I hit or shake my instrument once...they hit once...me 2x...them 2x etc etc)
5. we continue making music and sharing tunes...10 minutes is the ultimate maximum and then we play.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.