Content

weekending jan 19-23

24.1.15
One  of the things that I like about having a daily rhythm is that no matter what happens...sick child, napping conflicts, or *gasp* a sick caregiver, most of our planned daily activities will not be cancelled. One thing that I have had to do, however, is modify and modify and modify.

This week we had sniffles and runny noses...there was less outdoor time, and not as much hands-on assistance in the kitchen. Instead of letting the kids get all the ingredients (measure, pour etc), Iman (my assistant for the week), put everything together and let them stir it...they got a minute each, and they poured the batter into the muffin tins.

Aside from that, Monday's soup was made by me because  of napping conflicts.
We learned about fire safety (part 1 of 4 series).
We also went on a safari & did drumming - did you read about it? Post is here.
...and dress up/role-playing
We even hibernated...when was the last time you saw a koala hibernating?
We painted and coloured

There were talks about empathy, and sharing. Discussions about hand-washing, nose-wiping and covering mouths when coughing and sneezing.
There was so much life and laughter in our activities, and having an assistant came in really handy when it came to story-time, and especially nose wiping...lots and lots of nose-wiping this week.
By the time Friday came, I can say honestly that I was more than ready for it. I am beat!
We also visited the library for story-time (there are some pics on my phone...maybe later?)
Stay tuned for our book of the month update...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.