Content

Painting & spaghetti = art

11.2.15
Following with our stories/books-inspired play theme this week, we shared another great book. Wednesday is our painting day, and we couldn't wait to do something different. The activity was inspired by the funny book More Spaghetti, I Say!

My kids love spaghetti;
I bet yours do too! When I was planning our activity, the first thing that popped in my mind was to use "real" spaghetti. But after giving it some thought I decided against it. I know a little bit about hunger and families being in need, and generally I don't ever make it a practise of using any type of food in art or activities because  I feel it can send the wrong message to the kids about food (playing with it), thereby minimising its importance.

Going against using real food was not a difficult choice to make- there are always alternatives- I choose some yarn, and that was that!!
I simply pulled strings of yarn through a straw and knotted the top.
Before we painted I wet the strings of yarn, and let the kids at it.
Z had just woken up and was not excited to be painting...she cried a bit, but eventually got into it.
Aren't my little ones creative?





Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

2 comments:

Marie at: February 18, 2015 at 2:01 AM said...

It looks quite funny! I am sure all the kids had a great time.

Salma Saquaf at: February 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM said...

Yes, a great time was had by all :)

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.