Content

Soup day & Peter Rabbit soup?

9.2.15
This week to celebrate International Book Giving Day our activities are all about reading  and oral storytelling. Since we will end our week with our International Book Giving Day event I really wanted to get the kids geared up.

For soup day we read The Tale of Peter Rabbit, which inspired our yummy soup.
If you remember the book, Peter sneaked into Mr McGregor's garden and "sampled" some of his vegetables and herbs. Z was asleep during story-time but the boys had a blast hearing all about Peter in the garden.

We gathered
onions
potatoes
peas
cucumbers
parsley
lettuce

we also added
tomatoes
carrots
I added some rice to fill the kids us a bit and one chicken-breast.  It was fun...I think we will do this again.
Remember, book giving day is on Saturday. We are having our event on Thursday...

Happy Monday!
Linking with kids in the kitchen

1 comments:

Marie at: February 18, 2015 at 2:05 AM said...

This is a great book, that we enjoy reading at home to Salma!
Love the way you conbine things all the time. I repeat myself bu you are inspiring!!

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.