Content

Baking day: sweet potato latkes

6.3.15
While the bake sale was great,  we kinda, sorta had too much sugar last week...just a bit. This week for baking day I did not want to see anymore cups of sugar or flour. Also, we still have a few sweets for snacks left in the freezer.
This week I wanted to try something different.
Unfortunately, all the kids but big boy have running noses; so I just went ahead and did the activity without them.

And while I was busy at the stove...they were doing their thing.
Some ate too...

Recipe

ingredients
1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon cinammon
pinch of nutmeg
3/4 cup vegetable oil

preparation
Grate sweet potato...don't wash
Stir together all ingredients
Heat oil in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches of 4, spoon 1/8 cup potato mixture per latke into oil and flatten to 3-inch diameter with a slotted spatula. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.


linking with crafty moms share
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
-->

1 comments:

Marie at: March 9, 2015 at 4:18 AM said...

It looks delicious. And sweet potatoes are my favourite! Should try it with Mister Pop some day!

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.