Content

Baking: dirt & mud cupcakes (book of month activity)

22.3.15


This baking session was based on our book of the month, Preschool to the Rescue by Judy Sierra and Will Hillenbrand. Read about the book here and then you will understand why mud and dirt cupcakes fit right into our theme.

The boys started out in the kitchen with me, but decided that playing would be more fun than baking, so I was all by my lonesome.  They came back in the end to decorate their  cupcakes though.
The cupcakes were a hit (of course), and I'm sorry I didn't get pictures of our chocolate pudding-faced kids. Maybe next time!

Ingredients
1 chocolate cake mix
1 can chocolate frosting
24 gummy worms, each one cut into 2 pieces
1 chocolate pudding mix (4 serving box) 
1 1/2 c. milk


Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350* Prepare cake mix according to box. Fill liners 3/4 full and bake 18-20 minutes. Cool.
  2. While cupcakes are cooling, whisk the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Refrigerate until set. 
  3. Cut/scoop a small part out of the top of each cupcake. 
  4. Let the kids fill each hole with a scoop of pudding mixture...fill with crumbled cake mix.
  5. Push gummy worm halves into the (dirt) aka crumbled cake mix. 
  6. Keep refrigerated.

linking with let kids be kids & creative monday
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

4 comments:

Karen Bell at: March 23, 2015 at 3:43 AM said...

What a fun idea. My kids would love these, might have to give it a go!
Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

robin lorraine williamson at: March 23, 2015 at 9:38 AM said...

love the recipe I also cook recipes from books that aren't cookbooks i.e. murder mystery books thanks for sharing visiting from creative mondays

Clairejustine oxox at: March 23, 2015 at 3:22 PM said...

Aww these are so sweet, my daughter would love them :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

Raelene Schulmeister at: February 3, 2017 at 11:42 AM said...

Great post!! My kids would love to get their hands dirty making these :)

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.