Content

Winter bucket-list complete...

1.4.15
We did the best we could with what we had...colds, the flu, naps, transitioning, minus 40 degrees weather.
The kids had what I considered a great winter bucket-list. The older kids and I talked a bit about our list, and planned certain activities ahead of time. Some activities just fell into place, while others were more challenging.

One of the activities that was a bit challenging (not because it was difficult), but due to finding the right time, was creating our icy mandala. It was interesting doing this activity, because while big boy has made a few mandalas in his time, see here, he was kind of taken aback when I mentioned "ice". 

After 3 unsuccessful attempts, I began to think that maybe he had foreseen what I could not...the weather in Alberta is crazy.
One evening we put the mandala out to freeze (of course the temp was low), the next day it was hot and all the water had dried up ha ha - I just had to laugh at that.

The photos of the boys putting it together are on my old computer, but, here's how it turned out.
we used leftover corn, and peas and some feathers and some sparkly paper too

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.