Content

oat, apple and blueberry cake & allergies

25.5.15
I now think of this cake as the last thing I baked before I found out that I cannot eat gluten or dairy products.
Ingredients 
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of rolled oats...soaked for approximately 10-15 minutes
1/2 tbs baking powder
2 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup of whole milk
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup of stewed apples
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
Mix the dry ingredients together
In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together
Combine the two with a wooden spoon
Pour into cake tin and add blueberries, stewed apples and a handful of cane sugar to the top
Bake at 180˚C for approx. 40 minutes
Remove when cooked all the way through and golden on top

Notes: I omitted the eggs from this recipe. I also had the kids mix all the ingredients together & gave it a good stir. 

The batter should be more muffin like texture, than cake batter. I also sprinkled some brown sugar on top of batter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.