Content

Tomato basil & cheese loaf

3.7.15

June was a month of trying new recipes, and July will not be any different. As I said here, I want to get 8 go-to recipes that will be used for baking day-when we start again in autumn.

For now, the kids still need treats, so I usually bake on Saturday or Sunday afternoons.  I posted here about how Z has been hanging out with me in the kitchen, and helping with other chores. She wants to help with EVERYTHING!  On Sunday, the task of baking a tomato basil cheese loaf seemed exciting enough, so I had a baking partner.

So...I followed this recipe loosely - very very loosely, because I never buy self-raising flour. I don't think I ever have. I make bread the way my grandma used to do it - whole wheat flour, baking powder, milk and salt - that's it! I also didn't have fresh basil, so I sprinkled dry basil, as well as some thyme. I also poured a bit of olive oil & Parmesan cheese over the mixture before setting in the oven.

 Z did most of the work. There was no kneading.. She just folded the flour mixture, patted it a bit...put the tomatoes on top (after a bit of sampling), and I stuffed it into the pan and that was that.
 The kids ate it with soup...

  
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comments:

Clairejustine oxox at: July 3, 2015 at 11:15 PM said...

Whoo this looks so tasty :)

Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.