Content

Foods with loads of Vitamin C

30.8.15
The cold weather is around the corner. While I am not a fortune-teller, I can see it already - coughing, sneezing, snotty noses...sick kids!
I am trying to get as prepared as possible, and hope that it's not as bad as I anticipate - let's all hope , shall we?

I have continued with our smoothies at home - this won't change. I am also in the process of updating my smoothie list here on the blog.
That being said, I want to plan our smoothie days carefully, so that we are all getting a lot of vitamin C. This will also apply to soup day...

I did some research and found the best fruits & veggies with high levels of vitamin C: (in no particular order & listing ones I am likely to use).

Fruits & Veggies & some Herbs
kale
red bell peppers
green bell peppers
oranges
kiwis
broccoli
grapefruit
fresh thyme
papaya
strawberries
cauliflower
brussels sprouts
pineapple
mangoes
fresh peppermint
blackcurrant
guava (tropical)
fresh parsley
cantaloupe

Ground/Dried spices & herbs
ground cloves
dried basil
saffron
dried rosemary
ground turmeric

So look for some most of these fruit, vegetables and herbs in your child's smoothies. And if you have never visited the recipes page, please do here, as I will not update each child's daily report with ingredients.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.