Content

une promenade dans les bois part part 3...animals in the woods/forest

14.10.15
Part 3 of our walk in the woods was speaking with the children about the types of animals we might find in the woods or forest. Our activity was inspired by the book Je Lis avec les Animaux de la ForĂȘts by Yvette Barbetti.  

We liked this book, it had a lot of information, and lively pictures of all the animals, but we didn't like the text font very much (see below). I find a lot of the french books have this font, but this book being longer than our usual stories, was a bit difficult to read with the kids.

Back to the activity...the children who were present for painting day (only 3 ) were able to do a painting session. Can I say that the kids did some really amazing brainstorming and painting? Of course I might be just a bit biased :)
Here is what they came up with on painting day...a dog, a bear, and a bird. 

Here's what they brainstormed...
Animals in the woods: Ladies and gents, there are no wrong answers here. We just referred back to our book to "double check" lol.

bears 
tigers
birds
dogs
squirrels
spiders :) perhaps I should have said things you find in the woods huh?
deer
rabbits




Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.