Content

Candid

19.11.15
We have a system, and a way of doing things, and we do it, because it works for the majority of our friends. We have a good mix of kids here. I tell every family that if a child doesn't fit here, it just cannot work for me - I think it's unfair for the child and for all the children in my care. 
It is also not something I want in my home. It's not to say that there aren't things that bother me, or that all the kids get along every single minute of the day, but they are a good group.
Our days are good  for the most part. We have a rhythm - we are not rigid, but we appreciate our rhythm. So we just keep going with the rhythm, and we try to hold on to the calm moments of the day(s). Some days are up, while others are down. When I wake up in the morning I never know what kind of day I will have. I know what I strive to do, but I am a part of the puzzle.



I think it's a gift to work with children. I think you put out whatever you wish for into the universe and you work towards never intentionally hurting others. I think with this, you hope for the same, so that in the end, peace and calm will be the most natural thing in the world.

People often wonder how in the world I can do "this". THIS is easy. I love THIS. I don't know how long I will love it, but for now I do, and I think as long as you love what you do, it's a blessing. But of course that's after I've worked with hungry, struggling students, homeless teens, drug-addicts and criminals. 

Ask me why I love THIS and I will tell you the truth...I know that children are SO less complicated :)


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.