Content

Les pommes...part 2 (BOM activities - In the kitchen)

3.11.15
Believe it or not, apples are my favorite fruit. I love the simplicity of the fruit, and I never get tired of eating or using apples in my recipes. Did you see part 1 of our apple story?

In the month of October we celebrated Apples  in every way. All the kids agreed that apples are delicious, and that there are many ways to enjoy them. 

And having your child bring in his/her own apple to add to the bowl was a bonus. Thank you for always being so open to explore all the silliness that we do. What I noticed was a lot of pride from each child, knowing that his contribution made a treat that all his friends enjoyed.


So what did we do with all those apples?



We talked about apples A LOT. We held them, and compared them. A few of our friends even rolled them :) ...those apples were definitely left for applesauce.
We made apple treats and ate and ate some more. Did you see the apple crumble recipe? We even put apple in this soup, and we made apple sauce and apple juice. One week we tried an apple peach smoothie - yum!


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.