Content

the winds

10.11.15
The wind (le vent) blows through our house every single morning. It's wispy and soft...some mornings, while very loud - sometimes even thunderous. There are no fearful cries or screams, just delightful laughter.
Two of my Small Wonders never let circle time end without grabbing the silk scarves and saying "...the wind, the wind" or "vent...vent..." 
Then with much excitement, scarves whirling, and the rest of the children chanting, the wind goes around and touches every nose, and every head and blows sweet kisses on every single cheek.
The little winds they whisper,
(the children begin to twirl...I twirl with them)
They whisper as they pass
(we pass by each friend slowly)
They tell their tiny secrets to the flowers and the grass
(with the edge of my scarf, I touch each child's head and face)
The big winds go a buffeting and blustering about
(the little ones move faster and faster & try not to bump into each other:)
The little winds they whisper
(the children move slowly (lentement)...carefully)
But the big winds shout!
(then they pick up speed  (plus vite) creating a windstorm)

Then suddenly as if nothing has happened, it's very quiet. All the excitement dies down. We survived yet another wind storm. It's the best part of their day, and there are ALWAYS tears when we end our verse. 
I think regardless of season, we will continue to enjoy this special part of our morning. That's until they get tired (of course).


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.