Content

in play...the photos

3.12.15
I was looking back at some old photos about 2 weeks ago and I was amazed at how fast all of my small wonders have grown and are growing. I can't confirm this, but I believe that I have captured more of (some of) the children's growth here (at home) than most parents have been able to do. Of course, the full-timers spend a a lot of time with me, so it's almost inevitable, and some of the others just LOVE the camera.

I don't think I noted before that I received a new camera for my birthday- well I did, and it's a really nice camera. Before I received the camera, I was so sure that I would be whipping it out every chance I get (more or less), but it has been the opposite.
You see the issue with my beautiful new super-duper camera is that it is a beautiful new super-duper camera. I am nervous to have it around the kids, and except for one day when I was in la la land, I don't bring it on our nature walks or when I am outside with the kids. 
On the other end, I am also very lucky, because while my Nikon (old camera) has had a few hits on said outings, and have almost been pulled from this table or that counter-top *yikes*, we are still going strong.
With or without my new camera, life hasn't changed much in the picture-taking department. Whenever I aim my camera at the usually unsuspecting children (as they engage in play) there is always something going on. Sometimes they are moving so fast that I capture the trail of light that they leave behind. Other times, I get a really gorgeous shot, but blurring out the face here (on the blog) would take away from the subject (the child). 
I find it so amazing how they go about their business (sometimes quite seriously) too. It's rare, but once in a while if I am lucky to catch a really cute moment with camera in hand, I feel like I've hit the jackpot. And sometimes, I love to just take a snap shot of simple remnants of their play (while they are eating or napping). 

:)I think all of these photos were taken by the old camera.And I wouldn't say that these are my best photos, but they capture play (within the last week).


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.