Content

The Eggs story and How do I do it all?

14.12.15

I was having a very low morning. My asthma was not only acting up; I was coming down with a cold, and I had hurt my wrist from a nasty fall while ice-skating. For some reason, I decided to modify the menu - instead of oatmeal, we would have hard-boiled eggs and toast. I had boiled the eggs and taken out a few of them carelessly placing them on the table as I went to make the toast.
Suddenly I hear laughter, boisterous laugh...belly laughs...squeals of delight...hysterical l a u g h t e r.
No one ever gets scared if children just start laughing for no apparent reason, and my group always seems to find the beauty and simplicity in everything - I suppose all kids have that gift. However, in a strange panic,  I ran quickly to see what was happening in my short absence.

What I found was delightedly wonderful. The eggs, placed carelessly on the table were rolling about. I think the children thought that the more they laughed, the more the eggs moved about *cute*

Our breakfast had become a source of joy for the children - a silly "trivial" but amusing delight to their morning.
As low as I was feeling, I couldn't help but laugh aloud with them - it was a simple thing that brought great joy to my morning, but most importantly their morning. 

I often get asked How do you do it all?

Well, I don't and I can't do it all. I don't even come close.  I was thinking of how to title this post, because it covers 2 important topics - time management and keeping up with my work even when I don't feel up to it.

Firstly, I have NEVER been one to stay in bed for any ole reason. I am literally one of those people that people hate, because I can't sit still - it makes people feel really uncomfortable ; - (

Secondly, I have been homeschooling for years, so there are always a million ideas in my head that I need to write down, or plan for, or just do.
I hate the idea of wasting time. I have 4 kids, and a husband, and laundry, and dirty floors and dishes, and groceries, and adding up dollars and cents, and you get the picture.
I don't spend a lot of time searching the web (for the sake of web searching). I try to divide my time into pockets that cater to family, work and so on. No, it's not easy. Yes, there is conflict, but I don't walk away feeling guilty because I know I am using my time to do the best that I can do.

Lastly, I am not one of those moms who expect to get much free/me time. My younger children are young, and my teens are TEENS. I have very realistic expectations of my life and of those around me. For example, taking one weekend off every month leaves me exhausted on Monday mornings. My daughter just noted on my last weekend off that I don't really get time off, because all the work remains until I am no longer off duty - very true!

And the reality is that sometimes I am an unstoppable -inspired-do it all mom, and other times I need a push just to get through the day. That's life!






Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.