Content

A simple fruit salad

25.2.16
We've gone 2 weeks without the dreaded communal illness. You know the one where the kids play pass it on, and before you know it, months have passed and you can't remember when your kiddos were NOT sick? Yep, that one. 

I have been working over time to get as much vitamins (into the children) without being an over-bearing crazy lady. I love to make smoothies for them, because I can add a lot of things that I can't get them to eat on the regular.
The children and I often talk about how important it is to "eat the rainbow". Most of them love fruits- veggies are another story. I like to add kale and cucumbers to our fruit salads, but yesterday I didn't push it. 

I sent the kids to the fridge and I asked them to pull out some of the fruits that they would like to try. (Secret: I put said fruits right at the front of the fridge). The kids helped me make this yummy fruit salad.We learnt all the names of the fruits, and they all agreed that they've never eaten papaya (which someone kept referring to as a little pumpkin), before (I can't be sure of that). 

Sooo, to celebrate introducing a new fruit AND liking it very much actually, we called our day "We tried something new today"  day :)
/mango
/ papaya
/kiwi
/blueberries
= all very high in vitamin C
No recipe needed right?

 Do your children plan or help prepare simple meals or snacks?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.