Content

Goodbye January

1.2.16
January was a difficult month for some of our friends. Due to illness, the children had up and down days. I know in my house it was a bit nasty, but thankfully it died down. 
I hope that February will be a better month for the kiddies, as we have a few activities planned (more on that in another post).
For now I would like to highlight some of our activities in January.
Language Exploring (French)
We are singing/learning about the months of the year/seasons/body parts...a lot of repetition ;)
We always review the basics: bonjour, comment ça va...au revoir...s'il vous plait...du rien
AND we learned about snow (la neige); le bonhomme de neige (snowman)
*we read a few books and the kids painted snowflakles, and designed their own snowman card
We actually made two snowman crafts, because the kids could not get enough :) 
My kindergartner is spelling more and more each day...mostly french words so far, but that's  not a bad thing

Key words/phrases this month "Je fais un bonhomme de neige".  I am making a snowman. 
We actually tried to make a snowman but the snow was too light :(

Then we talked about clothing and the NEED to wear certain articles of clothing based on the weather. We will be reviewing these a lot.

En H'iver (j'ai besoin...un mateau (coat...) 
*Je mets un chapeau/une tuque.   I am wearing a hat.
*Je mets des bottes de neiges.  I am wearing snow boots.
*Je mets un manteau.   I am wearing a coat.
*Je mets des mitaines/gants.  I am wearing mittens/gloves. 
The children have figured out that Ms. Salma wears gloves and they wear mittens :)
*Je mets des pantalons de neige.  I am wearing snow pants.

Circle
All of the above  applies to circle time. We have also done some fun fingerplay- all about squirrels. We are using this verse. If you want to drive yourself crazy, just play this song. The kids couldn't get enough of it. We started started it in circle, but it has extended into all activities and just about any hour of the day. 

Yoga
I have finally introduced a planned yoga program. Why is this important? Because Iman was doing yoga with the little ones before she left. I don't do yoga at all, so I had to figure out how I would keep it going with the children.  I am using a program called “Cosmic Kids” on Youtube.

The kids love it, as do I! It has different themes and the instructor amazingly guides the children into different poses and stretches and make it fun with story telling. The sessions are much longer than what we need, but that's not an issue, we just cut it in half. Please remember to send your little one in comfortable clothing on yoga day (Tuesday).

PJs & Pancakes
I love pjs & pancakes day because the kids really get to relax and eat and play- that's about it. On these mornings the kids tend to linger at the table for quite some time. 
Some of the older ones eat, get up and go play for a little and come back again for a nibble and run off again. Breakfast turns into brunch, and before you know it we've lost track of time. It's a good way for the kids to enjoy time with friends. We had a good morning/day.
In the Kitchen
We spent some time in the kitchen and made these gluten-free vegan treats
Art
Outdoors
We did some snow painting
 and some exploring

 Au revoir Janvier...bonjour Février.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.