Content

The NOT picnic day

20.2.16

“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.”

— John Muir
I would say that the highlight of the children's week was the outdoor "picnic" on Wednesday morning. I didn't actually use the word picnic when I told the children about our day's activities. I simply said that we would go to  the bridge (as we call it), and then we would share snacks. Somehow, everyone got excited that we were going on a picnic :)

For the record, I don't have a problem with picnics or the word; it's just that it was quite chilly outside, and when we do have picnics, it's usually nice enough for us to sit and relax and speak and eat slowly - this was not that kind of day. So I wanted the kids to understand that we would play for a little bit, then eat, then head home. 
There was a lot of ice in the area where the kids often play/run around. I tried to get them to stay off the ice, but you know from experience, the more you warn, the more the activity just seems REALLY interesting. I was shocked however, that not only were they walking on the ice, they were running *yikes*. We had a few tumbles, with a lot of laughter... no one was hurt thankfully.
At the end, they ate their snacks and ran around for a little while before we headed home.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.