Content

Weekending Feb 19th (2016)

22.2.16
Whether playing inside or outside, at the table or running free, I am often amazed how much energy the children have bottled up.On the mornings when we skip circle, it's really mostly because I see no point in ending OR putting on pause whatever activity they just cannot stop.

Having a daily rhythm really makes a difference when things start to fall out of place- yes that happens.  The biggest bonus is that the children have come to expect that we will follow our routine, and they question the changes (when they do happen). For example, last week was a short week because we had a holiday on Monday. Thus, when we all returned, the children expected soup. Explaining holidays to kids is funny :)


01/ first candle of the day 
02/ drumming circle...about to begin
03/ focused on learning
04/ go-fish
05/ it's a dance off
06/ discovering magnets
07/ early morning painting
08/ searching for pine-cones ...she's in the wrong place
09/ hockey
10/ looking for something or someone
11/ they helped me prepare snack for our outing
12/ the view from where I stood ("picnic" in the park)
13/ dress up
14/ she's having a picnic
15/ clean up time

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.