Content

Pretty birds nests

4.3.16
Here's another post about what you see versus reality, or the truth behind the picture/photo. I have written here and (somewhere else...can't find it), about the reality of my days.
The kids and I spent a great deal of time in the kitchen, but let's be honest, sometimes things need to get done faster than fast and I don't have time to wash grimy hands, suit up kids (aprons), gather ingredients, answer million times over about what this or that ingredient is for, have someone sneeze, cough, sneeze some more in the food, and etc etc etc.

Tuesday was one of those days. I was in the middle of making some  pretty birds nests, while the kiddies played. I was feeling good about myself...no questions, sneezing, nose-picking, and you get the pic. Then I wandered off, mid-creation, and I got distracted doing what I actually do when I'm not doing fancy schmancy stuff and blogging about it- changing diapers.
When I got back to the kitchen I saw my creation ruined. If I were a serious blogger, I would NEVER show such monstrosity, would I? I would be a perfect little Martha Stewart, and do it all again, so that I could get the perfect Pinterest-worthy shot, that would feature the most heavenly birds nest treats, and readers near and far would run out and get theirs. Alas, I am so not a serious blogger. What I am is a childcare provider. This ladies and gents in my reality more times than not.

And 'cause you can never really destroy beauty, I think smushed or not, these little nests are still wonderful. Don't you?

What you need:
Gluten-free brownie bites (they are not dairy-free) *frozen*
sweetened shredded coconut flakes
chocolate mini eggs

Directions
gently press the back of a teaspoon in the middle of the "nests"
fill with coconut flakes
add eggs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.