Content

Studio C prt 1

15.3.16
I don't even know where to start. It was a great fun day for us. The children and I do some kind of art almost every Wednesday, so this was an extension of what they know and love. But, seriously, a trip downtown to Studio C...really? We were tickled all over. 
I had been preparing the kids for weeks...telling them about our trip. WE talked about riding the train, the bus (which are oh so exciting when you are a kiddie), and we talked a little about art and the studio. One thing that I learned from our session was that I had missed talking to and reminding the kids about NOT touching all the pretty art hanging on the walls, lol. 

The morning started off a bit stressful (for me), as I had been glutened the night before (you know where you eat something with gluten in it, and the flood gates of misery are opened)? Yes, that was my night and early morning. Oh the pain...I was so worried that I would not be able to withstand the train ride downtown, but thankfully, we all got to our destination in one piece.

Step off the Tuscany-bound train and cross the street over to Macleod, and the kids were already jumping around with excitement. Iman and I only had 3 on hand with us, as 1 friend was coming down with mom & dad, and my own littles were coming with dad.
As we entered the Burns building the kids were curious. Just what exactly were we doing there?

There was an accident on the highway so our friends were late. As we waited, the children talked about this and that, and ran around for a bit.
I quickly texted Colin-upstairs- to let him know that we were on site- just not all of us. I think we all finally headed upstairs closer to 10 AM.

No problem, everything was set and waiting for us. The space was very inviting and bright. Of course after the children got settled a bit, I wanted to delegate who would take photos and etc, but when working with kids I have learned and keep learning to go with the flow. That being said, it didn't mean that I didn't want to ensure that we had some photographic documentation of our special day. So to get that crossed off the list, I put hubby and Iman in charge.

Colin and Wilmer were very gracious and so good with the little ones. It's not a normal day when toddlers and preschoolers walk through the doors of Studio C :)
...did I mention how bright it was? That was one of the best things. The table covered with an array of art materials was big enough for all the kids to sit on one side- which for some reason meant a lot to me. I loved seeing them all from one side.
 
Colin and Wilmer gave us their blessings, and quietly left us to our devices, and we were off to the land of creativity.
Then the real work began.
The task? To get creative, explore and have fun.
And so we did...
After we finished up, we ate lunch (not so quietly), and the kids ran around for a bit. Then we went to look at some art, and say our goodbyes.What can I say, I love my job. I'm probably bragging a bit right? Well, my little team is something worth bragging about. I love them!

Thank you Studio C, and thank you dear parents for running with every idea that pops into my head. We had a blast! 
We will be heading back to Studio C to finish up our project...please stay tuned...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.