Content

On Dancing & painting & just being you...

27.5.16
Can you dance? Can giraffes dance? These questions led to a serious discussion at our table as the children snacked on yummy treats.

Giraffes Can't Dance is our May book of the month, it is one of my favourite books ever. I have included it in my homeschooling curriculum for a few years, and was happy to share it with our daycare friends as our May 2016 Book of the Month.

I love Giraffes Can't Dance for its simple yet important message...it's okay to be different, and to do things differently.  This book is also about friendship, learning and trying new things, and being the best you can possibly be. I think it sends a great message to young children. 

Over all we enjoyed our book of the month, and most importantly, we ended up doing some kind of wacky art (see above).
But enough about me. When I asked what everyone loved about the book they said:
/ Gerald is super-funny and he has long legs
/ the lions dance really nice
/...when Gerald was really good at dancing and no one knew he could dance
/ all of it
/ when Gerald met the cricket
/ the trees are tall like Gerald

You'd have to read the book to see what we're talking about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.