Content

Weekending Friday May 13th (2016)

14.5.16
...quick update from our week.

monday
On Monday pea soup was on the menu. 
tuesday
wednesday
We didn't paint on Wednesday. It was split decision between the children. I, for one am all painted out for a while. but of course we will pick up again next week. This week the children coloured Kathy Lycka's  jungle themed whimsical  animals, which was good for me (no prep time), and for them (something different).
thursday
A while ago I decided that we would aim to "bake" at least once a month on baking day - twice would be a bonus. I don't have a problem with baking or not; it's just that all the kids are hardly on site at the same time now, so it's not the same. 
So, we have chosen to make nice treats that take little prep time. I think it was the way to go. This week we made banana skewers...fun, simple and tasty.

ingredients - what we used
    5 wooden skewer sticks
    5- 2 inch pieces banana (about 2-3 bananas)
    1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
    1/4 cup chopped peanuts
     various sprinkles

directions
Construct your skewers by placing banana pieces on each stick.
Drizzle each skewer with melted chocolate and sprinkle with . Keep chilled until time to serve.

friday

We had a great week. We hope you did too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.