Content

6 foods your child ate ...& loved (this week)

9.6.16

We are shifting to a lighter menu. The thing with changing the menu is (at least it feels like) as soon as I complete said menu, the season has changed. Whatever the case, the kids are trying new foods, textures, and don't you just  love the colours?
1/ summer fruit salad (cantaloupe, guava, blueberries, pomegranate seeds & I sneaked in some green  bell peppers)
2/ kale peas carrot quinoa salad
The secret to a delicious bowl of quinoa is in the preparation. Always rinse the seeds before cooking. I like to cook mine in vegetable broth, instead of water. Once I started using broth, I never went back to water.
For the above quiona salad, I followed the instructions on the package- this was just plain quinoa. I prepared the vegetables separately, and after draining and fluffing the quinoa, I added a light mixture of olive oil and lemon juice.

3/ rice cakes topped with unsalted pb, cranberries & blueberries
4/ graham cracker treats (strawberry jam & cucumber)
5/snapea crisps (for our picnic)...store bought
6/ cornbread made from polenta (the one in the tube). I modified this recipe.

So that's some of the foods your child ate this week, and loved too. 
For recipes, please send me an email.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.