Content

Weekending November 25th (2016)

29.11.16
A slow fast week. Have you ever had one of those? You know, the kind that's slow when you need it to be fast, and vice versa? Yes, it was one of those weeks. The children (who weren't under the weather) had a good week. I think the only drawback was that they missed their friends.

Me? How was my week? Well, I overcooked the quinoa. Our meal looked like something out of a Tim Burton's movie, and the pot didn't look any better...yuck!
I also dropped a pot of pasta, and couldn't find ingredients to bake - although in the end I made do...(see below). This was all after planning to make plantain chips with the kids, only to find the plantain hadn't ripen yet...boo!! Good riddance to last week!

One of the drawbacks of not having baking day in our regular schedule for the autumn/winter session is that little planning goes into ensuring we have all the right ingredients. Looking around the kitchen, I decided to make cream of wheat muffins...that's what I had in my cupboard ha ha ;). 

Problem is I had no baking powder, no vanilla, or sugar...seriously, no sugar. If you must know, I don't really do sugar, but that one just stumped me. I had honey though...about a teaspoon...ahh, life. So, making muffins was quite interesting last week.

I found a good recipe online. I was happy with the outcome.
The muffins reminded me of corn muffins. We will make them again.
We ate the muffins with our black bean carrot pasta soup, on soup day.
We also made this rice pilaf last week. 
1/ sorting it out
2/ she brings new meaning to the words "chicken dance"
3/ scoop, pour, share ...repeat
4/ options
5/ cars & things...
6/ dressing up baby
7/ soup...ready to go
8/ cream of wheat muffins
9/ soup day bounty

On a serious note, happenings in the past few weeks have made me revisit this post. It really brought me back and grounded me. Anyone who follows these beautiful blogs and social media platforms, know that we share the beauty. I believe in sharing the beauty. But I also believe in NOT lying about the not so beautiful...the not so nice parts of our days. 

Thankfully, children are so much better than adults, and you never judge them, or take it personal when they don't listen, or when they defy, or scream at you, lol. For me, it's the opposite. I just want to keep trying to make it better. To make it work. It's not always easy. I have my days. My patience is measured at times...sometimes soooo limited. Sometimes I know I have to do whatever needs to be done. I have to bring calm to the chaos. That's when I give myself a time-out. And no one is allowed in my time-out space.

A new week has arrived. Here's to playing and learning.

1 comments:

Jen at: November 29, 2016 at 6:54 PM said...

We so appreciate the work that you do, and the loving guidance you give our children day after day.

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.