Content

Weekending January 6 (2017)

9.1.17
We are slowly shifting into a new rhythm. They children are happy and somewhat restless after the break. It doesn't help that there's all that beautiful, fluffy snow outside our windows.
There's been one drawback to our days so far...I am having a hard time getting over a cold that I've had since the end of November. It's not even  cold, it's just a pesky chest issue that flares up at night.
I have been staying in and staying warm. This means no outside nature time (for now).
We have found activities to keep ourselves busy, of course. But, nothing beats nature.
I am in the process of planning fun and educational activities for the children, plus, an event or two. Our space has changed quite a bit. We are purging and sorting toys and books to ensure that the children are not being overwhelmed by clutter, or toy overload. I have also switched yoga for early morning meditation. I will have to give it a run for a while before I reflect on it here (in this space). 
Our group now consist of three 3 year olds, two 2 year olds, and a 1 year old. Of course, MM and Big boy are still (and will always be) a part of our family :)
This year, we are going to focus on the small things - ensuring that we get as much out of our days as possible. One of the biggest lessons that I learned in 2016, was that, less truly is more.

Happy Monday to all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.