Content

Weekending February 17th (2017)

21.2.17
It was quite the week. We celebrated book-giving day, had fun in and outside, made a craft & did some colouring, and then some of us got sick..which was so not fun.

We also enjoyed and tried some new foods like:
cupcakes
gluten-free banana muffins
chocolate chip cookies made w/ molasses
a different kind of quinoa salad

On Sunday a few of our friends attended the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra's Sundays for Kids. The lucky bunch got to watch a production of The Hockey Sweater - based on the popular literacy classic by Roch Carrier. I didn't get a chance to go, due to illness, and a few of our friends were also at home sick, or with sick children, if you can believe it. I was lucky enough to send Big Boy with MM's mom, so it wasn't a total fail, but Z was sick as well.

As I type this, I have a bag full of toys from our play centre that need to be sanitized...it's like the weekend never happened :(
I hope that we can get our books to the Children's Cottage this week, or early next week- almost everyone in my family is under the weather. 
Other than that, life goes on, as usual. Happy Monday!
Finally, can you/should you force children to meditate? Lately, there have been high emotions among the children in just about everything. They have little, but frequent squabbles with each other. One doesn't want to sit on the potty; another doesn't like the idea of circle on a particular day; food issues; tired issues.
I've been literally calling mini (impromptu) meditation session, both for them, and for my own mental health. I think if more dayhome providers spoke about their days, while they would seem mundane, you will find the ever elusive idea of finding balance and keeping one's sanity. Just a thought!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.