Content

On monday

17.11.15
...which was soup day, we decided that we were going to make soup as early as possible, so that we could spend our morning outside. I /we rushed and got everything out of the way and then we set out.  Well, soup day was interesting. We had a small group...
MB contributed carrots, JM brought German soup noodles, Z added okra, H added green beans and I added pieces of tilapia. 

If I didn't say it before, I will say it now. I love soup day because we never know what we are going to make. It's fun!
So after our fun adventure outside, we came back inside to settle down and cozy up to a warm bowl of soup and toast. Well, we were in for a surprise. Instead of leaving the stove on Low, I had it set on 3 - oh my! Our soup was (interesting :) It wasn't burnt, so I was able to save it, but it was funny. Multi-tasking is usually my thing...not this time.

Our meal was inspired by this recipe...I added carrots, okra and green beans :)
Ingredients:
  • 1 tilapia fillet
  • Oil for browning
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 4-6 carrots, scraped or peeled, large chunks
  • 4-6 celery stalk
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 small head cauliflower
  • 1 bunch broccoli
  • about 3 quarts water
  • about 250 gm (2 cups) uncooked thin egg noodles
  • salt, pepper
Instructions:
  • Cut  into bite-sized pieces.
  • Pour a bit of oil into large soup pot. 
  • Over medium heat, brown tilapia. Add chopped onions and return all meat to pot. Cover with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, prepare all veggies, cutting into bite-sized pieces.
  • Add veggies to soup pot, add water until most of veggies are covered. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
  • Add egg noodles and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until tender.
  • Season with about 2 tsp. salt, freshly ground pepper.


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.