Content

In the garden: bloom

11.7.16
Last year I separated our In the Garden series from our regular weekend updates. This year I haven't had the time to do that, but it doesn't mean that we are not spending most of our days in the garden, and learning about nature and all its beauty.

Last week our focus revolved around the living things that we could find in and around our garden. How blessed were we to find 13 (my count) caterpillars in our garden(?)
The children were stoked, as was I. I couldn't believe my luck- as it was a perfect opportunity to have a hands on teachable moment (or moments). We are waiting for our friends to form their chrysalis and to see the beautiful butterflies.   

We also had silly discussion about the importance of wings and legs, and (for the children that understood), symmetry. We had a good laugh about what would happen if butterflies had one huge wing and one teeny tiny wing...hmm, that would be an interesting flight wouldn't you agree?
The kids and I planted and tend to our garden every day. They are great helpers, and they continue to assist me in beautifying it. I enjoy spending time outside with them. 
This week we will speak and learn about bees :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.