Content

In the Garden: Bounty at the "Farmer's Market"

16.8.16
Last week we had an imaginary outing :). We pretended that we were going to the farmer's market to get fresh veggies & herbs for our meals.
 It's a blessing to share food that we planted, tended, and grew together. I invite the children into the garden as much as possible, and it's been so good for everyone. As the warmer days begin to wind down, we've been slowly gathering, harvesting & preserving some food for autumn. Of course it won't be a huge bounty, but it's something that we did with our own hands.
one beet, an onion & some kale
Do you remember the green beans that the children received at Easter for planting?  
 We planted ours... and we got these...awesomeness!
 I can't wait to see what they come up with next year :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.