Content

Weekending Jan 20th (2017)

21.1.17
We've been cold-free for 2 weeks...yay us!!!!!
This week was full of play and structured learning. As the little ones gets older, they have been doing really well with our learning block (s). Math has become quite interesting, and French learning - wow, I cannot believe how much they pick up - we only really do French learning in circle time.
We also have varied learning prompts that fit the individual needs of the children. I try to shake it up aa bit by changing these activities every 2 months or so...

I found out something quite interesting this week; having children in the kitchen is not really that much fun. I've never seen anyone write about the reality of having 3 year olds in the kitchen, but I tend to have sneezing, and coughing in our food. I had to get rid of a whole batch of our baking because of this. I have read many a blogs, but, no one has raised this issue. Anyways, I just thought it was interesting, because as usual, a picture really does not cover the whole story.

Also, I found that most of the kids have a taste for a veggie that I cannot stand. When asked, 5/5 kids choose celery over zucchini, and 4/5 choose celery over carrots, PLUS they asked for more every time. I know right?! I never liked celery.

In the fall and winter session, we bake treats every 2 weeks. Some baking is for soup day, but mostly, it's for snack foods. Somehow, in my absent-mindedness, I added dairy...butter, to all three batches of baking this week. I'm not sure why. I don't normally even look at or touch the butter. So, on Friday morning, we had to make some new treats so that JM can have some treats too.

A bit of this and a bit of that...our week...

Random & in no particular order
/ painting snow flakes & the colour blue
 /making breakfast treat - banana bread
/tofu lentil mock beef soup
/a sword fight
/ a focused reader
/snow play
/blueberry muffin
/ we started a gratitude/bucket-filler project. Something just for us...more to come on that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.