While the bake sale was great, we kinda, sorta had too much sugar last week...just a bit. This week for baking day I did not want to see anymore cups of sugar or flour. Also, we still have a few sweets for snacks left in the freezer.
Unfortunately, all the kids but big boy have running noses; so I just went ahead and did the activity without them.
And while I was busy at the stove...they were doing their thing.
Some ate too...
Recipe
ingredients
1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon cinammon
pinch of nutmeg
3/4 cup vegetable oil
preparation
Grate sweet potato...don't wash
Stir together all ingredients
Heat oil in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches of 4, spoon 1/8 cup potato mixture per latke into oil and flatten to 3-inch diameter with a slotted spatula. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.
-->









1 comments:
It looks delicious. And sweet potatoes are my favourite! Should try it with Mister Pop some day!
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft