It's not just gluten, it's also sugar, and other ingredients that I don't want to see in our baking anymore. Now, we can't really just eliminate sugar, but, we can, and have drastically reduced it. For my own baking, I have been experimenting with different types of flours and blackstrap molasses for sweetening. I used blackstrap as a kid. Some of the health benefits are vitamin B6, and minerals such as iron, calcium, and magnesium.
Celiac disease or other autoimmune diseases rob the body of nutrients, which is what I am trying to get back. It's a long process, and I am not close to being "there", but in time, I will be.
All in all, this is a great recipe - so glad I found it- yay for the internet!
The egg-less option is mostly for my husband who has high cholesterol. He loves chocolate cake, and this will definitely be a guilt-free go-to recipe for all occasions.
So bear with me as I experiment in the kitchen. Eventually, we will have the best treats, baked by our hands.
Ingredients;
1/2 cup Finger Millet flour
1 cup All purpose flour - I used whole wheat
1 tbsp. Cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar - I used brown
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
Directions
- Sift the finger millet flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon twice in a large vessel. Take another vessel and add curd, oil, milk and sugar in it, beat the liquid mixture with a fork till the sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C for about 10 minutes. Grease a round cake tin with oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet liquid mixture little by little and fold lightly making circular motions.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or till the cake is done. Check the cake by inserting a clean knife in it, if it comes out clean the cake is fully baked.
Original recipe found here.
Linking with creative monday




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft