We haven't fully gotten into our daily rhythm yet but we are almost there. All the things that happen in just 1 day cannot be documented - there is simply too much going on. The kids are so busy that they don't even want to stop and rest. It's a fight to get them to wash their hands, or to even eat a meal. All of these things have been on my mind lately - how to reconcile their needs and wants with the reality of the program, and our day to day circumstances.
One of the things that I wanted to do- that I realized I should do was find a way to allow them to extend play time...remember child's play is THEIR work time, so it's best left uninterrupted.
We just purchased a used patio set, I am lazy, I wanted something I didn't have to assemble. The kids will be able to sit outside and eat on nice days. We are still ironing out wrinkles, but that's a pretty simple thing to accomplish.
On Thursday the enjoyed snack and lunch outside - on Friday the weather changed dramatically, and all time was spent inside. It made me, as I am sure it made them appreciate all the time they got to spend outside on a warm sunny day.
We didn't paint on Tuesday because there were too many disruptions - Z and Big boy were out in the AM, so I tried to put it off for later and then it just didn't happen. We went bush-walking, which left me and the kids so beat...incredible. We had a bit of kitchen time, making sweet potato hummus - the kids were in and out of the kitchen, a bit bored with the process, as there no eggs to crack, ingredients to stir, or treats to sample...
Overall it was a good week!
This post may contain an affiliate link. Please see my Disclosure Page for more information.










0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft