We are still celebrating Canada, and we are enjoying some sweet treats. We made maple glazed popcorn...or as my 4 year old says it "...popping corn".
maple glazed popcorn recipe
1 tbsp oil
1/3 cup uncooked popcorn kernels
3 tbsp unsalted butter, plus additional for greasing bowl
1 cup pure maple syrup
¼ tsp salt
*parchment paper
*parchment paper
- Grease a large mixing bowl with butter. Set aside. Pop the corn using tbsp oil.
- In heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in 1/2 the maple syrup and salt.
- Boil on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. Do not stir.
- Pour half of syrup over popcorn.
- Stir with a wooden spoon coated in oil to prevent sticking.
- Put popcorn on parchment paper - pour rest of syrup over the kernels - stick in oven (on broil setting) for about 2-3 mins. I do this for more crunchy corn.
- Remove from oven, let cool, share with friends, or store in airtight containers.




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft