I usually add saffron to rice and meat dishes, and to garnish desserts etc, but I never thought using it in a smoothie. That is until I found this recipe.
This is one you have to try!
Ingredients:
1 cup chopped frozen mango pieces
2 cups whole milk
3 tsp sugar or honey
¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
pinch saffron *extra to garnish
Directions:
1. Steep (soak) the saffron in milk for about
half an hour.
2. Blend the mango cubes in a blender with
milk.
3. Add honey and cardamom powder to it.
4. Now add the soaked saffron milk to it and
blend well.
5. Refrigerate the whole mix for about an hour,
before serving.
6. Garnish with the remaining saffron strands
(a few).
7. Serve cold.
*we nixed the sugar altogether and it was still sweet.
*we nixed the sugar altogether and it was still sweet.
Recipe via -Kashmirbox.com



0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft