Content

Search this blog!

5 things to do on a snowy day

5.3.18

1. create a mandala
/ make a beautiful design in the snow with pieces of nature.

2. target practice
/ using sidewalk chalk draw a target board on a wall/fence. hang a hoop, or draw a big circle.
make a big bulls eye in the middle of the hoop. have children practice throwing snowballs at the target.

3. check the thermometer
/ children can talk about how cold it is outside. compare their temperature to other cities, or even other countries. discuss what other children would wear in various climates.

4. make a meal
/ meat (snowballs) are a tasty menu item. how about snow pizzas, or snow cones *wink*

5. paint
/ snow painting is super fun. grab some squirt bottles, water, and food colouring and add a punch of colour to your snow.

* of course, there are other things that children love to do; like making snowing angels, play iSpy, sledding, and finding unique animal tracks (to name a few).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft