Content

Search this blog!

April 2020 Quick Update

8.4.20
I hope this update finds you all healthy and happy. Thank you for your continued support in this busy time. There has been a lot of adjusting and readjusting in these past weeks. Thankfully our children are as resilient, if not more resilient than we are.

I have working behind the scenes to put some programming in place for our children, to keep them engaged and encouraged. At home we are learning online. It's more than a learning curve - it's not for every child, especially one who's on the spectrum. We are trying our best.


Zoom/Story (Circle) - The children and I will share circle time in Zoom on Mondays. It will be nice to meet with other friends and connect.

Invitations to Create - At Small Wonders the children are always encouraged to explore with various materials that are arranged so that it “invites” young children to explore, investigate, question, examine, participate, touch, feel, and manipulate through as much independent play as possible. We call these invitations to play. While we will not be able to replicate that kind of play, I would like to drop off Invitations/ Challenge items on the Thursday before the next week's meet up (Monday). 

There will be weekly a theme,  however, I don't mind if the children simply create what they want with the materials. At Small Wonders the children are open to create their own work- there is no one size fits all, in fact I always encourage each child to create based on their individuality, so our work rarely looks like another. 

Daily Photo Challenge - Please continue to send photos for our daily photo challenge. Please have your child take the photos - not an adult. Years from now, they will appreciate seeing their own work.

Please also continue to send us snaps of your days and I will upload to the blog. 

Weekly themes:


Monday
April 6th
Theme: 
Easter
Tuesday
April 14th
Theme: 
Explore Seeds
Monday
April 20th
Theme: 
Earth Day
Monday
April 27
Theme: 
Butterflies

Please visit the Earthschooling page here for projects and other information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft