An Easter Surprise - poem story
An Easter Surprise
It was the night before Easter,
When all through the town,
The children were all sleeping,
But the rabbit gave a frown.
“There are no eggs, no eggs at all,
It was the night before Easter,
When all through the town,
The children were all sleeping,
But the rabbit gave a frown.
“There are no eggs, no eggs at all,
What will I do? Soon roosters call!”
The chickens heard, “oh sad, sad day,
We will have to lay, lay, lay.”
So many chickens gathered around,
To lay their eggs on hay covered ground.
“Cluck,” said the chickens, “cluck cluck cluck cluck”
“Oh,” said the rabbit, “we’re having good luck!”
For the eggs in the nests
Were certainly blessed,
With colors of the rainbow,
Red, yellow, green, blue,
And a pink one too!
The rabbit laughed and hopped away,
Have a wonderful Easter!




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft