Staying in touch with friends while we are stuck inside, is not easy, but we are finding ways to keep everyone engaged.
Amidst all the stress and uncertainty, we cannot forget that the most important thing is to take it one day at a time. Moms and dads need to work, but guess what? No matter their age or stage, children of all ages need to connect + play + most importantly, feel loved.
Here's a craft that we completed from our Earthschooling unit: (we are learning all about insects).
We used bow tie pasta for this easy craft. I was able to find the colourful ones. The first time we completed this project - years ago, we did not have the coloured ones, so the children painted them (also a great fine motor skill activity).
![]() |
| (with a shorter antenna) |
Materials
- Farfalle Pasta (aka bow-tie pasta).
- Pipe cleaners
- Scissors
Method
- Cut the pipe cleaners into two.
- Help the children make V shapes of the pipe cleaners that they want to use.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the center of the bow tie. Twist pieces at the top until secure.
- The extra pipe cleaner will be the butterfly’s antennas. If too long, snip with the scissors - my kiddos didn't want to do that! (see the one that I created with the snipped pipe cleaner up top).
- IF you want to go a step further, you can use a hot glue gun and attach skewer sticks to your butterfly and put them in your garden. My children are not yet as motivated :).
This butterfly craft is super easy! But it takes a lot of patience as well. Which is why I choose it for the children. Remember the 10/15 hands-on minutes that you spend with your child is the most precious. There is no wrong way to create.
Happy crafting.
Share pics of your day with your friends. They will be happy to see you :). Visit our project blog and see what your friends are sharing right here.Happy crafting.




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft