Since we are just getting back into the swing of things, the children were happy to enjoy some sweet treats.
For this session we did a quick review of the French numbers from 1-75. It was easy peasy, but it will get more difficult as the weeks go by.
The rules were simple. Each player including WildRose was given 1 mini box of Smarties + a 2 sided bingo sheet that I printed from internet and glued on construction paper.
The objecctive was to mark 5 numbers in a row either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally to get BINGO. Once a player called BINGO and the numbers were verified, (s) he could eat that row of Smarties.
If a player needed more Smarties to fill the board after winning, they were given another box of candies.
During our game the children HAD to speak ONLY french. Moonface is getting there.
In the past we have also used Chex squares, cheerios, Fruit Loops and dimes (which they use to buy any item from our prize shop if they win more than a few games).
I used this site to generate the numbers. I can't believe I used to cut out numbers to make my own bingo balls :(
Rainman won the first game. Moonface won the second, and they both won the third.
WildRose just flies on everyone's raincoats. And if I am not mistaken, she ate a lot of the prizes from our Prize Shop.
We will chat about the Prize Shop in another post.
What kind of games do you use to get the children excited? I'd love to hear your ideas.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft