Content

Search this blog!

Small Wonders is Permanently CLOSED!

30.7.21


 Hello! Bonjour!

To every family, collaborator and friend of Small Wonders, Merci!

I waited as long as I could to write this message. I prayed about it. I cried...grieved immensely and made the decision that I didn't know that I could - not so soon.  

When I first told my family that I was going to open a bilingual Waldorf -inspired program, they were confused. When I asserted that our program would hand-pick the 'right' families for our program, they were horrified. They thought said it could not be done. They wanted to see the proof that there were people who had an interest in Waldorf - they got me there... (some parents had to Google the word), and worse yet, French as a second language...they were right, none of our parents had any desire for French language learning for their children.

My family wanted to see how a newcomer to this dayhome business could make "real" money being "picky" (their word not mine) with my clientele. I would like to add that I would never describe SW as picky—just uniquely niche. 

If you know me, you know I thrive on challenges. More importantly, I’m a forward-thinker who lives by the mantra: Go BIG or Go Home and I knew that failure was not an option.

I set out to do things differently from other dayhomes—and I brought you all along for the ride! 😉

Well, we did it! What started as a small dayhome, quickly evolved into a bilingual playschool within 2 years. Then came our next wonderful addition—a creative atelier. It was truly amazing, and, most importantly, so much fun!

I have seen so many of your children grow and learn, and I am proud of what WE all did. I am proud to call you all my family.

To our Incredible, Amazing sponsors and collaborators, words cannot fully express the depth of my gratitude. Your unwavering support and willingness to embrace my out-of-this-world ideas have left an indelible mark. You helped create core memories for the children in my care, their families, and my own family—moments that will be cherished forever.

From the bottom of our hearts...Merci...Thank you!  

Yours,
Salma + Iman + Amira

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft