Content

week-ending Feb 9-13

14.2.15
Our week like other weeks was full. Sniffles are dying down and energy levels are rising. This week we followed our normal routine, as well as other planned activities.
To celebrate or wind down to the International Book Giving Day event, all of our activities were based on books/stories.

We found some funny and silly ways to include stories into our daily rhythm. Activities included:
Monday (Soup day) - We read Peter Rabbit and made "Peter Rabbit Soup aka Everything in the pot soup. Post here.
Tuesday (Exploring Day) -  We went on a Bear Hunt...(book on side-bar)
Wednesday (Painting) - We read a book called More Spaghetti I Say, and did some spaghetti-inspired art /painting...here.
Thursday (Baking) - our activity was based on the book Cupcakes (book on side-bar).
Friday (EVENT DAY) The Very Hungry Caterpillar inspired our treats for the event. Post coming up...


Lessons
We also learnt about "self-care. We talked specifically about germs, manners and hand-washing. We learnt about personal space and that everyone is different but special.
We also discussed the importance of using words and how they can be useful or hurtful to others.

Handwashing
Moms and dads, please help encourage your older child to cover his/her mouth when sneezing & coughing and to wash his/her hands often. I am always on the watch for dirty hands and germ-spreading incidents...scary, but it's so easy to spread in our small space.

My 4 year old is infamous for stomping his feet, and saying things like "...but I just washed my handssssssssssss...whyyyyyy?" The truth is he probably did wash his hands 10 minutes prior, but if and when I see him doing something that is likely to spread germs I will ask again and again and again. I will not wipe his hands, nor will I wipe your pre-schooler's hands - they will be sent to "wash up".

The kids do get annoyed with me because I ask them to wash up quite often, but it must be done! Also, showing them how to wash hands properly is more important than doing it for them.

Using words
Please know that if your child can speak I will only listen to words. Sometimes a child gets so upset that his words are lost to him, in these moments I will get down to that child's level and sort it out with him/her.
On normal days, I encourage each child to use his words, instead of pointing or crying.

So that was the learning aspect of our week...

This week in pictures...
And THEN we had a party...


Share this PostShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail ThisPin ThisShare on Google PlusShare on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.