Content

weekending Oct 5-9th

12.10.15

The little winds they whisper,
They whisper as they pass
They tell their tiny secrets to the flowers and the grass
The big winds go a buffeting and blustering about
The little winds they whisper
But the big winds shout!

 Autumn is my favorite time of year. Your child probably heard this rhyme (above) this week - they loved this one. Speaking of children, with different schedules and routines (some off to school,, others coming part-time), things are different around here. We are also transitioning a new  friend, so our routine is a bit off.  To think of it, I can't think of when was the last time we had a "normal" week yikes....
This week we did a lot, but it's the usual daily rhythm stuff. Painting, yoga (was very short this week). I think the kids kind of fell out of love with it...
I am also contemplating making Tuesday our Nature/Exploring day instead...not sure yet, but I have always had a day dedicated to focusing on nature/outdoor play - will see.

I will have to do another post to show how we are using your donated items. You can already see that we used the glass (baby food) jars for painting. The water colour paper that was gifted to us is one of the highest grades you can find - we are so lucky.

I've been doing a lot of purging...mostly broken and plastic cars. The LEGO, trains & cars are keepers, but the other plastic has to go. I have been doing it slowly*secret...I do it at night when the kids are asleep and I think because we have the rotation system anyway, they don't know that the toys are no longer a part of our play...
Happy Thanksgiving and we hope you have a lovely week!


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.