Content

Weekending January 22nd (2016)

24.1.16
Last week was an interesting week to say the least. Let's just say that it's a week that some of the small wonders will likely not want to relive. We had a tummy bug going around, and with that a whole bunch of "little" things that kept popping up. 

Big Boy got physically sick on the school bus (which is technically not a Small Wonders thing), but I am putting it out there because I felt to sorry for that poor bus driver who had to contain the panic, clean up, and reassure my little guy. Looking at that part of the week, I feel blessed for all those who take care of our little ones - AND I know it can always be worse.

On to Small Wonders matters now. We didn't have all of our friends on site on any day; but it doesn't mean that life stopped. I can't say we stuck to much of a rhythm- activity-wise, but that's the part I am always prepared for. There was soup...playing...learning in bits and pieces, and a lot of questions.

Oh the questions:
/ why is (this) crayon called tickle me pink?
/ why is the snow man called un bonhomme de neige?
/ why can't we eat the snow?
/  why are the dinosaurs not talking to each other?    
/ why did we get in trouble for scattering the bag of glitter all over the floor...WHY???????
...and probably a whole bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

We also crossed off our second winter bucket-list item - snow painting. Our first was to have a North Pole party...remember that?  
I have to admit, when I handed the kids spray and squirt bottles with "paint" they looked at me as if I was nuts. The last time we did this it was a nice spring day and no mitts were needed. Just try using a squirt bottle with mitts when you are a pre-schooler/school age kiddie...not so easy...
I also regret not being able to take more pictures of the kids actually squirting the "paint" out.but 2 things happened (not at once). Last week one of the kiddies pulled my camera from the table top
That all happened after my new camera had a change of heart and decided not to be my fancy new nice camera anymore- so it was in the shop. Pulled from table camera seems fine, but I am crossing my fingers- it's a pretty light camera. So I was just being cautious. Do you remember this post  /here/ where I spoke about the cameras? Well, apparently, I can see the future...

Oh and the glitter story? Well it was just a glitter disaster, and this picture does not even show half of the mess.
Then we just did "normal" stuff...no sickness, no broken things and etc.
 Have a happy week everyone! 



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.