Content

Spinach banana eggplant muffins

12.8.16
Yes, you heard right; spinach, banana, eggplant muffins were on the menu this week, and they were delish. I was a bit skeptic, when I looked in the fridge and saw these were my best options for baking. I had some blueberries, pears and apples in the fridge, as wells as some frozen strawberries in the freezer, but I really didn't want to do the same ole' same ole', plus I wanted to add some new words to our vocab.
2 cups of spinach that I blended with banana and oil

Spinach banana eggplant muffins


Ingredients

    2 cups whole whole wheat or spelt flour

    ⅔ cups sugar

    2 tsp baking powder

    ½ tsp baking soda

    1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon

    ½ tsp salt

    ¼ cup coconut oil

    ¾ cup almond milk

    2 cups spinach

     ½  large banana

    ½ medium sized eggplant

    2 tsp vanilla extract



Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 and grease or line two muffin tins.

In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt). Set aside.

Melt coconut oil (if solid). In a food processor or blender, mix the milk, spinach, eggplant (peeled and shredded), and coconut oil until it is completely pureed. Add banana and vanilla and blend until just mixed.

Pour pureed mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until completely combined. Distribute the batter evenly amongst the muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.