Content

Weekending December 9th (2016)

12.12.16
"What we learn becomes part of who we are."
 ~ Kathy R. Jeffords

So much of what they do is so simple, yet so necessary...
We had a good week. It was very cold. There was not much snow, just bitter cold.  We stayed inside.
There was a lot of storytelling, and open play, with a lot of interesting creations from the children.
We crafted, celebrated a birthday, and had fun in circle. We sent a lot of time in the kitchen. We made a pumpkin gingerbread smoothie, banana bread, and learned all about the gingerbread man...(more to come on our gingerbread man activities later).
invitations to play*
snowmen craft based on this book (below)


*An invitation to play is arranging the environment so that it “invites” young children to come to an area to explore, investigate, question, examine, participate, touch, feel, and manipulate through as much independent play as the materials can possibly allow.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comments:

karen at: December 13, 2016 at 5:45 AM said...

what a fun weekend and happy birthday! I haven't had littles for quite a while but seeing your photos makes me miss that time in my life :)

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.